This award is given by bloggers to fellow bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging community.
I was nominated by Dani and I’m truly honored. You can check out her blog right here
She is awesome people and has awesome content and her smile… I love it! So seriously, what are you waiting for, follow her blog!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and write them 11 new questions.
- List the Rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your blog post.
1. Are you a believer, if yes, when and how did you get saved?
Yes, I am a believer. I started following Christ when I was 7 years old. I remember listening to the gospel and having it resonate deeply within me and then walking to the front of church to make this life long commitment. It’s been an interesting journey, with a lot of ups and downs but God has never left me.
2. Who is your favorite Bible character and why? If any
My favorite is Esther. Her resilience, her braveness, her love and her destiny. The whole book of Esther reads like an romance book. It’s no surprise that many books have been written about the story, expanding it some more. Books like Hadassah: One Night with the King by Tommy Tenney and Mark Andrew Olsen which was turned into a movie, and Ginger Garrett’s Chosen: The Lost Diaries of Queen Esther.
3. Your two cents on relationships. Both agape and Eros love.
Eros love confounds me. I understand the concept of it and I look forward to feeling it with that one human whose letters are littered all over my social media. I am after all the prime suspect in the ‘God when’ tweets. I don’t understand the world’s definition of it and how when the feelings go, the relationship ends for the two. Agape love is all encompassing and totally unconditional and I feel like I do not deserve it but yet I feel it.
4. What’s your love language?
My primary love languages are touch, words of affirmation and quality time.
5. If I was to get you a gift for your birthday, what would it be?
Books! A trip to the world’s most unique libraries. Books! Did I mention Books? Also socks but books most importantly. And I’ll also take that artwork. But we’ll stick to books.
6. What’s the one thing about you that you would love to change?
My procrastination. It’s more a discipline thing. One pastor once said, feelings are a great passenger but not a very good driver. And I would love to not be led by my feelings and this is something I’m working on a daily.
7. What born are you in your family?
I am the first of four and the second of five.
8. What country have you always wanted to visit?
Zambia and Zimbabwe… I don’t know that I need to explain why.
9. If you were given 10 minutes live on BBC to talk to the world, what would you say?
I would tell the world to start reading African literature. I’d shout about all the authors who are doing awesome things, writing wonderful books and I’d want the world to really listen and support these people. I get mad that many of these people are not known.
10. What’s your take on the racism and colorism going on in the US?
Having experienced colourism and racism in my own country, I’d say these two things suck.
11. On a scale of 1-10, how much do you think you love yourself?
The slide keeps shifting on a daily basis.
Dani’s Questions though…. Wow!
Dear blogger reading this, I nominate you, yes you for this award. You’re doing great by posting about your content. And I support you by reading you. And I support you by asking you to take part. Dani’s Questions will suffice. Please do take part.