The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
First up, I’ll answer Ms. Abigaba’s questions…
1. What is your favorite book and why?
I don’t have a favorite book. I do have a favorite genre and that’s African Lit.
2. What song do you currently have on repeat?
Falz and Simi’s Chemistry. I first heard this song from the Netflix Nigerian movie, Isoken, and I loved it. The song reminds me of someone I know.
3. Which season(Autumn, Spring, Summer or Winter) of the year describes you?
Laughs in the two seasons of Uganda, rainy and dry seasons
4. In the event of an emergency home evacuation, what is the first item you grab?
The voices in my head are having a debate on whether I would take my phone or my book case.
5. Which historical figure would you most like to meet and why?
I’d really really love to meet Apostle Paul. I’d love to pick his mind on few things. His his is a mind that I admire and a faith that I aspire to.
6. What makes a good blog?
The content of the blog. It has to be gripping content that would keep me coming back for more. Make your content interesting, no matter your niche, you’ll have repeat customers.
7. Back to the past or forward to the future?
The past is a fascinating place. The past is filled with a lot of stuff to learn and document before it’s all lost. But forward to the future would make me see who I married. (Wink at the Future Husband)
8. Your dream vacation?
Anywhere I’m truly happy is the correct answer. However, I’d also be extremely happy in Cyprus.
9. The greatest movie of all time?
Greatest movie franchise of all time? The Marvel Movie Franchise.
10. Wealth or health?
There is no wealth without health.
11. Your proudest moment?
My proudest moments…. (blinking cursor, blinking cursor) too many to count. But I think the proudest have been is having a sister like I did. Her strength and courage still inspire me today, even after she crossed the veil.
Soooo…. After those, I will answer Ms Hope’s questions.
1. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
The community I’ve found myself in. Bloggers, particularly African Bloggers, have forged a family out of this love of writing and I’ll be forever grateful for that.
2. You can be anyone else for a day. Who will you be?
I’d be a man because I’ve always had a curiosity about how the other half lives.
3. Does pineapple belong on pizza?
If I say yes, do I lose brownie points? I don’t mind pineapple on pizza. It’s not a punishable offence in my book. Matooke on pizza, that’s a punishable offence though.
4. What does your blog mean to you?
My blog is a place I share a little bit about myself to the world. My blog is Alex’s legacy because without him, there would be no Growing Pains
5. Best movie of all time?
See answer above about movies and movie franchises.
6. Say something nice about yourself
I am awesomazing. This about covers it, right?
7. Which brand would you like to work with?
Any brand that promotes books
8. If this was a physical award with a red carpet, what would you wear?
My t-shirt that reads, I read and I know things, and jeans.
9. Compliment another blogger and add their link
I would really love to read more from this blogger. I claimed the reluctant blogger award Kevin, not you… Please write more. I am eager to read more of what you write..
10. Dream car?
11. What inspires you to continue blogging?
My readers. The people that take the time out of their day to read my posts, to encourage me to keep going…. Also the fact that I actually have something to say and this blog is the best way to say it.
There you have it. The Liebster award. Once again thank you ladies.